Search This Blog

Friday, August 1, 2014

Case This Sketch and SSS Wednesday Challenge

Hi Everyone,
With this card I am combining challenges: CASe this Sketch and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge. I flipped the sketch on its side for my card. I used the Memory Box Tilth flower die (I think this was one of the very first MB dies I bought and I have been hooked ever since) to cut the flower from a piece of left over cardstock that I had water-coloured. I used the same die to cut the black outline. Then I used the SSS "waves" stencil to create the background. I sponged with Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks. I used the same tilth flower die to cut out the main panel and then inlaid the black outline and the water coloured petal centers. Finally, I pulled out a Technique Tuesday stamp I bought ages ago and have never used. I inked that up with Versafine Black Onyx and stamped - card complete. This card did not really come from a set plan; it just developed organically as I completed each step. I am really pleased with the way it turned out.

Thanks for stopping - I would love to hear your feedback!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

5 comments:

  1. Meg, such a beautiful card. L O V E your colour choices, layout everyhing. This is one of my favourite flower dies and I have been admiring the stencil for so long. Now I must bite the bullet and purchase. I hope you are okaywith this but I would love to make a card just the same, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your background. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is awesome love the inlaid die cut on here and awesome background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love your background and the colours you used.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!