Search This Blog

Thursday, July 31, 2014

LOVE me a rainbow!



Hello Everyone,

Well I don't know what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, but in Perth we have been inundated with rain for the last few days. Not just showers either - outright downpours and thunderstorms. Fortunately this has left me with a great excuse to get crafty! With CASology's cue word this week - Rainbow - I suppose all this rain could be considered inspirational.

For today's cards I am combining two different challenges: Paper Smooches Sparks and CASology. Over at Paper Smooches Sparks it is a designer draft challenge. Here is the sketch to follow.
For my card I used Paper Smooches "Just a Note". I have had this set for awhile - loved it the moment I saw it and yet this is my first time really inking it up! I thought this would make a great card to keep in my desk at school. I love this big pencil outline image - just perfect for colouring. I used the challenge word from CASology for my colour scheme. the pencils are coloured with Copics and Distress Markers. 

Of course, I added a touch of Wink of Stella. 



I loved this concept so much, I simplified with a second card for CASology.

Thanks for stopping by - Love to hear your feedback!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards. I love the fun pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these - they both rock! And of course I love the sparkle. :) Thanks for playing along (yet again!) with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER excuse, LOVE your FUN images and super colors!! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous designs! Love the rainbow array of pencils. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! ....just had to pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your rainbow colored pencils! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these cards are so ADORABLE! I don't know wheat it is about that super chunky pencil but it makes me happy every time I see it...especially in all these fun colors! So glad you played along (again!) at CASology! The rain is definitely inspiring you this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your colored pencils! They look awesome!!!! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!