Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 Day 10: CASEing Laurie Willison

Hello Everyone,
I have long loved Laurie Willison's very minimalist style. So, I was thrilled to see that she was a guest teacher today at SYS2. This card is pretty much a direct case of the cards she demo'd. Essentially you do some tone on tone stamping using a silhouette floral stamp; then on white cardstock, you create your won designer paper by stamping with the same colour and stamps. This paper is the panel out of which you die cut your sentiment. I really love the very simple look it creates.
I used Pale Tomato Hero Arts Shadow ink and dug out some old coloured cardstock to match. Here is my second card - not as direct a case - I added a little dash of Megness to it!
 
I am super pleased with the way these two turned out.
 
Thanks for stopping by - love to hear your feedback!
 
Happy Stamping,
Meg

5 comments:

  1. These came out great. Did you use the foam for the words? I have no foam but I was thinking paper could work. This just looks so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards, really eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool effect. I like the soft color

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are too cute!! I love the blog letters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work. I love the effect of the stamping on the letters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!