Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 6 Stretch Your Stamps: Outline Stamps Colouring

Hello Everyone,
Just a quick post to show my take on the tag demo'd by Laura Bassen. She was showing how you can use tags to crop an outline image and use colour boldy to highlight a portion of the image. I chose the water lily image from the Clearly Besotted set "With Love". Orignally I was going to make the focal image a tag, but then I decided I liked it as a panel instead. I stamped the flower in Memento Jet Black ink and coloured with my Copics. I used Y17, YR09, and RV09 for the petals and YG 05 and 07 for the lily pad. When I am layering colour with copics, sometimes I find that the outline of my stamp disappears or dulls a bit. In order to "crisp up" the outline, I simply trace it with a black marker.  The sentiment is from Avery Elle's "Oh Happy Day". I embossed the card base with an SU! woodgrain EF and added a few gems.

Thanks for stopping by - I love to hear your feedback!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

4 comments:

  1. Such a neat CAS card! Love the coloring on your lily, and the embossing makes the perfect backdrop. Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this lots! The boldness of the embossing pairs particularly well with the large sentiment. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this a lot. Your design is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I LOVE that lily pad! The black outline does help make it stand out...maybe I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!