Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Stretch your Stamps Day Two: Perfect Pearls

Hello Everyone,
I bought my Perfect Pearls awhile ago and have used them mostly to create beautiful shimmer mists. Today at the online card class Stretch Your Stamps 2, Jennifer McGuire demonstrated a beautiful use of perfect pearls with reverse back ground stamps. I decided to try this with a new stamp I bought from SSS - Impression Obsession's Birch Trees. I thought that this could make a really beautiful non-traditional Christmas card. So here is the first card I created:
I stamped with Versamark and then used the dark blue Perfect Pearls to create the background. In the pic the blue looks quite light, but IRL it is definitely a dark metallic blue. I added the PTI peace die cut and coloured it with Clear Wink of Stella. I liked it so much, I decided to make another and try a blend of colours the way Jennifer did. Here is the result:

I like this one even more. I stamped on black cardstock and used the blue, purple, and pearl colours of perfect pearls. I die cut the same PTI die, but I covered it with Glitter Ritz Ultra Fine transparent glitter - it looks really pretty (if I do say so myself). What I love about this card is that it is non-traditional and has the subtle pearlescent glitteriness that I love.

Thanks for stopping by and I would love to hear your feedback!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

10 comments:

  1. Both cards are stunning but I must say I love the 2nd one - it looks stricking with the tree trunks in black. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful Christmas cards. Love both of them, my favourite being the first one. Such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are so pretty. I love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tes cartes aussi sont uniques! :-) J'aime particulièrement la première car elle dégage beaucoup de tranquillité et les reflets sont magnifiques. Il faut aussi que je teste cette technique. J'ai hâte de voir la suite du cours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christmas creations :) I love all the sparkle and shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These looks gorgeous...I really must buy a reverse background stamp....

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background behind your trees is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!