Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2: Day 7 Rounded Diamonds

Hello Everyone,
I have been doing a lot of stamping today, but don't really have a lot to show for it - nothing seemed to be working out to my satisfaction. Laura Bassen demo'd a great card using Avery Elle's "Rounded Diamonds" to create a beautiful rainbow coloured flower. I did make my own version, but was not happy with the way my inks were stamping this solid stamp. First I tried Hero Arts Shadow inks, but find when they are fully dry, while they even out beautifully, the colours are muted and almost muddy looking where they overlap each other. So, next I tried my SU! colours which were definitely brighter, but were way blotchier. AAARGH! I am in the market for new inks, but don't know what to invest in. I am intrigued by SSS inks, but know they are formulated the same way as Her Arts, so I am not sure I want to invest in them. Any advice? Here is the card...
This is the one with the SU! colours - the blotchiness is not as bad in real life as it appears in the picture - I think I will try again tomorrow. I also made this card with the same set using the Hero Arts inks... I think I like the way it turned out, but as I mentioned I find the final colours a little dull for my taste.
For this one I covered the darker inside shape with clear wink of stella to brighten it up a bit.
 
Anyway... Thanks for stopping by - As always I love to hear your feedback!
 
Happy Stamping,
Meg

2 comments:

  1. I see what you mean but think the card is cool anyway. Sort of a distressed look. Maybe your pads are getting a little dry? I use a lot of Distress Ink, maybe that would be an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of paper are you using? I think that makes as much difference as the ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!