Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2: Ghost Stamping

Hello Everyone,
Over at SYS2 Yana Smakula demonstrated a ghost-stamping technique using some silhouette leafy stamps. It made me think of this gorgeous card I had seen over at Maureen Merritt's blog. This card uses white pigment ink to create a faux Bokeh effect. Dawn at WPlus9 had done a video at her blog. The technique demo'd today at SYS2 inspired me to case Maureen's card and this bokeh technique. Since this uses the Spring Blooms set from WPlus9 on which we are focusing in class, I thought i would uplaod it! My circle inking was a little splotchy, so I think I would prefer to use circle stamps - great excuse to get the circle set from SSS!

Thanks for stopping by - I love to hear your feedback.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

3 comments:

  1. Your circles look great, but hey, any excuse to get new stamps, right?! Love your card, love the colors...I'm a little too chicken to try the bokeh technique. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yea, we always need one more stamp set, don't we? I agree! I love the Bokeh affect on here. Looks real cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those circles! and your spin on today's class!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!