Search This Blog

Monday, August 4, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2: Day One Background Stamps Part One

Hello Everyone,
This card I am sharing was CASEd from a card demonstrated by Kristina Werner in today's lesson over at Stretch Your Stamps 2 online card class. The idea is to use a background stamp in different ways. So we were to use a watercolour resist technique. Basically, you ink your BG stamp in Versamark and heat emboss it with white EP. Then you water colour a wash (very watery base coat) in whatever colours you want. Let it dry (or if you are like me, help it along with your heat gun) and then go back in to intensify the colours in certain areas of the background pattern. I used the same rainbow colour scheme that Kristina demo'd. I intenisified the "petals" and left the "diamond" part of the pattern more faded. After it was all dry, I put a coat of clear Wink of Stella on the faded "diamond" part - it adds beautiful sparkle that is really hard to capture. I also coated the "Hugs" die cut in Wink of  Stella and then clear embossed three times to give it a shiny sparkle.
The "I miss you" sentiment is from the Altenew set "Sohcahtoa". I love the way this card turned out. I did find that even though the background turned out beautifully, it took a good hour to create. As a result this will definitely be a card I send to someone who really appreciates the effort!

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear your feedback!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

12 comments:

  1. Very cool. I like the thicker panel on the card, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a card I would love to receive in the mail. So beautifully done. Truly worth the effort and one I would like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors are so vibrant, Meg, love how this came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. Great background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorjuss card!! Love the colors! I can't wait to create when I get home from work, I was able to watch lesson 1 today while at work but have to wait all day to play! Can't wait to see what's in store for us tomorrow! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great background stamp for this technique. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely perfect stamp for this particular technique - your card looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Love that background stamp and the gorgeous colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic jobs with your cards, you nailed the technique perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!