Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2014

Oops: missed it by that much... Monochromatic for the Paper Players

Hello Everyone,
It has been awhile since I have played along with The Paper Players; this week's monochromatic theme caught my interest and several ideas have been percolating in my head. I decided to tidy up/organize my stamping table and came across a piece of paper that I had water-coloured. When I made it, I wasn't really happy with it, but I kept it because I thought I would be able to use it at some point. I thought right! It was perfect to create this card for the monochromatic theme at Paper Players.
The "Thanks" die is from Simon Says Stamp - I love that it is big, bold and delicate all at the same time. I die cut it from the water coloured panel and then layered this on five white die cuts and inlaid it. I love the tone on tone this technique gives - a sentiment that is monochromatic with its background. I was going to put on some sequins, but nothing really looked right; so, I reached for my clear Wink of Stella and added a little sparkle to the sentiment.
I love the simplicity of this card - I think it would be equally beautiful in a colour wash of greens and blues!

Thanks for stopping by - I love to hear your feedback!
 edited to add: I just missed the deadline for the link up darn.
Happy Stamping,
Meg


4 comments:

  1. I think you were right not to use the sequins...this is pretty enough without the bling! Such a gorgeous effect...so annoying when you miss the deadline isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, beautiful card. Such a shame you missed the link up. Wonderful colours and with the wink of stella no more was needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the inlaid die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, too bad you missed the deadline! Very nice card. It's one of my favorite things to take an unsuccessful piece and use it for something new later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!