Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

CASology Guest Designer: Week 105 - Run



Hello Everyone,
I am so honoured to have been given the opportunity to participate as a Guest Designer this week for the CASology Challenge.


Well, when I saw that the cue card was run - I laughed. I love to run. I have done five half marathons and three marathons in my running career. Every Sunday my bestie and I go for a long run - anywhere from 10 to 18 km. Long runs are done at "chat" pace, so really it is an excuse to chat with my gal and then go for a big old breakfast and chat some more. So, with this in mind, I made this card:

I doubt that I will do another marathon - it is not the race itself that is the hardest part, it is the time and commitment you have to give to the training. I think this card is perfect for celebrating any mammoth accomplishment. To create it, I downloaded the image of the runner from the internet to my computer and transferred it to my Silhouette software where I created a cut file. I used the cut file to make a stencil and sponged the image on my card with Delicata gold pigment ink - this is the most sparkly gold ink ... I love it. Then I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed it. The "Congrats" is from Winnie and Walter and the "You Did It!" is from an old Hero Arts sentiment set. To create balance, I made an asymmetric frame by sponging the top and left side of the cardstock with the Delicata gold and then layered on black. The 26.2 (# of miles in a marathon) is done with an old alpha/number set from Hero Arts. The focal image was then popped up on foam tape.

Be sure to head over to CASology to join in the fun. Thanks for stopping by  - I love to hear your feedback!

Happy Stamping,
Meg


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on being the guest designer Meg - I think this card is just brilliant! So clever how you've done it...shame you can't enter it almost - I reckon you'd have won again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cool, modern feel of this card! So great to have you as GD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are a truly a running inspiration! I love to run too, but don't believe I'll ever commit to such a long race! :) Congratulations on your accomplishment!
    Love your creative design! The gold and black really make this stand out and the way you incorporated the message into the main image is fantastic!
    I so happy you're joining us as GD this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card! Perfect stenciling of the runner image, and I really like how you added dimension with inks rather than layers for the framing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a great card, such impact!!! Love what this stands for!! So great to have you as the Guestie with us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your GD spot, Meg ... what a great card! Such a cool image ... the celebratory gold with bold black is so striking! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meg, this is a great card, and perfect for someone who just ran a marathon! Great self-made stencil, awesome gold sponging. So glad to have you guest designing with us this week at CASology -- the cue was a perfect fit for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed with all your running. If I run to the end of the driveway, I feel like it is a marathon. How fun that the topic was so perfect for you. I love your gold sponged runner. Thanks so much for being our guest designer at CASology.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!