Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2014

New Goodies!

Hello Everyone,
At the end of each school year to celebrate summer, I always get myself a little present. This year it was an order from Simon Says Stamp! With our move to a new home, and my DH's graduation from college (he now has an MBA, a Phd, a degree in wood production engineering and finally is now a certified heritage carpenter!), it has been a frugal year with not much room to purchase new toys. So, I have been chomping at the bit to get my hands on some new goodies - especially embossing paste and some stencils. Of course I also got some new stamps, and dies too.

Today, I was able to sit in my craft room and play. I made two cards. The first is shown here and was created with the Virginia's View Die Cut challenge in mind and with Addicted to CAS' sky challenge. Here is the process.

I sponged the sky background with distress inks: Black Soot, Dusty Concord, Broken China and Peacock Feathers. Next, I used my new embossing paste and Falling Stars stencil from SSS. Finally, while the paste and the background were still wet, I covered the whole thing in Irridescent Ice embossing powder (from SU!) - it is so sparkly in real life, I just love it.  I die cut the little houses from a memory box die - probably one of my all-time favourites. The sentiment is from the Impression Obsession stamp set "Merry and Bright". It is stamped in Versafine Black Onyx and embossed with Irridescent Ice as well - this gives the sentiment the most glorious subtle shimmer. I really am pleased with the way the whole thing turned out. The sky just turned out so well - it is hard to see in the picture, but the progression from black to purple to blue is really pretty. I love that die cuts make stunning simple. I don't know what I did before we had this great range of wafer thin dies.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to hear your feedback.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

8 comments:

  1. Your really make the dies SHINE in this challenge, Meg! BEAUTIFUL attention to details with the night sky! Thank you for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your night sky Meg, and the gorgeous sparkle, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a great card. Difficult for me to think of Christmas right now, but if I were this would be the "perfect" card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Sky and love the new dies. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome times a million!! Love the starry sky, the message and those cute little houses!! This card just really WOWed me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!