Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Glowing with Love

http://casology.blogspot.ca/

Hello Everyone,
This week at CAS-ology the theme is glow. So for my entry I created this card with a glowing heart of love.

 
I die cut the heart from white cardstock (this heart is from a Kristina Werner design at SSS - it has a "thank you" overlay) and sponged the whole thing with Mustard Seed distress ink. Next I layered on Spiced Marmalade, leaving the center alone; then came Ripe Persimmon and finally just around the edges with Picked Raspberry. I think it really creates the "glowing" heart effect that I wanted. I stamped the sentiment - it is from TAWS "Speak Easy" set - in versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed it - I think the clear embossing really adds to it. It just deepens the black to pop more off the background. I layered the heart on four white hearts to give it some dimension. When I went to mount it on the card base it looked a little too plain, so I embossed the card base with a woodgrain EF from Stampin' Up.
I love the way it turned out. Don't for get to head over to CASology to check out all the amazing cards. Thanks for stopping by - I love to hear your feedback.
 
 
Happy Stamping,
Meg
 
 



5 comments:

  1. Way to go - this card is beautiful, glowing and stunning!! What a simple but heartfelt message!! Everyone needs to know they are loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing - such a great 'glow' effect with that sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the glowing heart, what a cool creation with a warm heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg, your inking is beautiful on this glowing heart of love! Great CAS layout, I love the woodgrain paper as the card base. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous take on the cue, Meg! Your inking is perfect and I love the woodgrain. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!