Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2014

On the Cutting Edge: Flower Power



Hello Everyone,
Just another quick post. Each week I keep meaning to participate in the new "Cutting Edge" challenge, and each week I keep missing the deadline! So, as soon as I saw the new challenge, I thought: "I am not missing this one!" What a challenge - the inspiration card is right up my alley.

I had a piece of paper on my table that I had water-coloured with Distress Inks awhile ago - I wasn't really thrilled with the way it turned out, so I just left it there and knew that at some point I would think of a way to use it. The flowers on the inspiration card gave me an idea - I punched a bunch of flowers from the piece.

To create the focal panel, I die cut the word love using the Paper Smooches "Love" word die and backed it with a piece of the same paper from which I punched the flowers. I stamped the "you" sentiment (from PS "Sweet Hearts") and then popped the flowers around it on foam tape. I mounted the whole panel on foam tape as well. The watercolouring was done with Perfect Pearls spritz - in real life the flowers have a little shimmer, but it was hard to capture in the photos.
I hope you like my take on the fabulous inspiration card. Be sure to pop by the Cutting Edge challenge. Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun and pretty card, and a great way to recycle your distressed paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card ~ the watercolored flowers are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers look beautiful . Always good to save so etching you worked on,nice to see you put it to good use. Wonderful,card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meg! LOVE your spritzed flowers...they look so cool!! And having them go off the edge...great design!! So happy you joined the challenge this week:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love it when you can use "scraps" from your desk and make something beautiful!! Love this! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Cutting Edge Challenge - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!