Search This Blog

Friday, April 18, 2014

Virginia's View: Stencils

Hello Everyone,
A while ago I took the Online Card Class, Stenciled and was thrilled to be introduced to the versatility of this amzing new trend in card-making. I didn't have my own stencils, so I made my own using some overhead transparencies I no longer use in the classroom. I thought I had run out of these, but found a whole box in the back of my classroom cupboard; so, when I saw that the challenge over at Virgina's View was to use stencils, I knew that I had to make some more.

I cut a pice of transparency to be slightly larger than an A2 card front and die cut the flower using a Penny Black die. I love this die - daisies are my favourite flower. I taped my "stencil" down over my card stock using painters tape and sponged in the colours. I used Hero Arts Cup O' Joe, Picked Raspberry Distress ink, Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink and Mowed Lawn Distress ink. The sentiment is from the new Altenew stamp company run by Jennifer Rzasa and Tasnim Ahmed. I love the stamps in their first release and purchased the set "Super Script". When I got I was thrilled with the way it looked, but was worried when I examined the stamps more closely because they are not very deeply etched. I thought I would have some trouble inking and getting a clean image - WRONG! They are amazing - they ink up and stamp beautifully. I can't wait to be in a position to buy more - they have such unique designs. The sentiment is stamped in Cup O' Joe as well.

I decided  to mount it on a dark chocolate cardbase (Early Espresso - SU) and then I felt it needed something around the edge. At First, I was going to channel my inner Kristina Werner and add white dash lines, but I changed my mind and doodled a white frame instead. I am thrilled with the final result. Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear your feedback.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

Supplies I Used:

2 comments:

  1. Love your DIY stencil (with a diecut)! This is such a classy and elegant card, Meg! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! The new sentiment from Altenew looks awesome in this!! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I really love how you used the sentiment on your clean and simple card....and your homemade stencil is awesome and clever too :) SO excited to see Altenew..thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!