Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Paper Smooches Sparks Anything Goes

Hello Everyone,
I am getting this entry in to the Paper Smooches Sparks Anything Goes Challenge just under the wire! This has been a very busy week and I have not been in my stamp studio  at all. It was so nice to go in and play this morning.

Today's card is inspired by a wine glass! My brother bought two of these beautifully hand-painted wine glasses for my birthday a while ago. I love the bright colours and gold accents. When I sat down to have my glass of wine last evening, I looked at the wine glass and thought of this card. For the focal panel, I masked off the outside edges with post-it tape and sponged the middle with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink - wait, I embossed the "Hello" first with gold EP. That sentiment in from the new PS set called Scripty Sayings. Next, I masked off the middle portion and sponged Peacock Feathers Distress Ink along the top and bottom edge. In the remaining white stripes, I stamped using a border from CAS-ual Friday's Countdown stamp set. I used the delicious Tsukineko Delicata gold ink for this. Finally, I covered a piece of scrap white cardstock with Delicata ink and die cut the Friend sentiment from it. I also used this die to cut three others from a bright pink cardstock that matches the Picked Raspberry. I layered these with the gold layer on top. I am thrilled with the way the card turned out. It was very difficult to photograph, so the colours are a little duller in the photo than they are in real life. In the phot of the wine glass the broad pink stripe looks red, but it is hot pink in real life.

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by - I love to hear your feedback!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

Supplies I used:

1 comment:

  1. I love that you found inspiration from your wine glass! Great card-- love the die cut sentiment:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge;)

    Hope you play along with us this week for our Picture Perfect challenge <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!