Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Top Tangle and the new Little Tangles Challenge: Masking


Hello Everyone,
I am thrilled that this card/envelope set I made for the Little Tangles Challenge was chosen as Top Tangle! YAY! If you are not familiar with this challenge or this stamp company, you really have to check them out.

This week the theme over at Little Tangles is "Masking". So I am giving that theme a bit of a twist. I made these two cards:

The pinkish coloured one is a little hard to see because I used Perfect Pearls on it and it was a little glary under the lighting. Here is a better pic of each card.
I used Neat and Tangled's "Just Thinking of You" stamp set. I love this little set - the sketchy thought bubble doubles nicely as a cloud and the scripty sentiment is just fab! The masking I did is not traditional masking. In both cards I stamped the sentiment and thought bubbled then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. The embossing powder acts as a mask to protect the stamping from the watercolour technique. Essentially, I scribbled different colours of Distress markers over the watercolour paper and then spritzed liberally with water. For the pink blend I used Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade, and Festive Berries - I also used some Perfect Pearls mixed itno the water. For the bluesy card I used Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, and Evergreen Bough. I really love the way each of these turned out. Both cards are 4bar sized (3.5 x 5).

Hope you like what you see - I love to hear your feedback!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

Products I used:

3 comments:

  1. Fun cards. Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is some seriously gorgeous water coloring!! Thank you so much for playing along at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your backgrounds, Meg. Thanks for playing along with us in the Little Tangels challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!