Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

More for CAS 3

Hello Everyone,
The brain has been percolating overtime with ideas for the first day of class at CAS 3! The first techniques that we are learning about are: inlaid die-cuts, faux letterpress and faux metal. So with this card I was inspired by the fantastic Shari Carroll. I loved her ballon card. I took her general idea nad created a rainbow heart. I used a die by Krisitna Werner. Then I die cut the thanks sentiment from Paper Smooches out of it. I cut another thanks in white. I then die cut the heart out the the panale for the front of my card and backed it with printer paper. I stuck the heart into the panel and then pieced in the thanks. Finally I stamped the heart with little flowers from Paper Smooches Reflections and from a Hero Arts "Friends" Stamp set - first in versamark, then in white. I found that the flowers were not really showing up well, so I clear embossed them and that seemed to do the trick. I really love the way it turned out.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

7 comments:

  1. It turned out so well! Your flowers really pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card...love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous rainbow heart, Meg ... love the way the white 'thanks' pops against all those colours ... the wee flowers are so delicate! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is excellent, love how your card has turned out, and the thought you put into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!