Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Muse and CASology: Bold

Hello Everyone,
I am combining my Muse and CASology entries this week. I love playing along with these two FABULOUS card challenges. This week over at Muse, we can draw our inspiration from the fantastic Therese Calvird. You can see her card here.

I was inspired by the flowers, the beautiful green background and the "hello" sentiment. I will admit to being a little stumped, however, becasue I am not so great with the watercolouring. I decided to let the card percolate or as Darnell would say, I let the hamster figure it out! While I was leaving the hamster to do her thing, I popped over to the CASology blog - "Bingo!" squeeked my hamster. "Go BOLD or go home."

So I decided to  use the big, bold "Hello" from Simon Says Stamp and I coloured my "Tall Flowers" from Hero Arts with bold copics. I layered up that "hello" die to add some dimension and Voila! The "friend" is from a Hero Arts clear set - I am not sure of the name, but if I find it I will add it in.

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment to let me know you were here; or even better - become a member!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

13 comments:

  1. MUSE and BOLD, super lovely!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun use of the Hello! Thanks for joining in at Muse~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for visiting me and your kind comments!
    This is such a fun and happy hello... sure to brighten up the receiver's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your idea in combining the die and two stamps - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautifully designed, Meg! I love the bold hello and the flowers...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous bold and chunky 'hello', Meg ... and such wonderful vibrant colours ... lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect pairing of these two challenges! Love the big sentiment and the bold colours of your flowers! Thanks for joining us at Muse and CASology this week!

      Delete
  7. Meg, I love that bold hello die cut sentiment and those pretty flowers! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! The bold hello and colors compliment each other perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas, love the bold and the Hello! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! I just love how you have used these tall flowers, it took me a moment to work out which stamp it was, so clever and so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to say your cards was MY fave!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just scrolling around to catch up a little with you, Meg, and had to stop on this bold and gorgeous card! Then I saw the shoutout to me and my hamster ... your hamster really came through for you on this one!! I love it and would certainly call this a winner in my book!! Sorry I missed it the first time around! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!