Search This Blog

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Online Card Classes "Stenciled" Day One

Hello Everyone,
I am taking the latest of the Online Card Classes - Stenciled. I was really glad when they announced that the next Online Card Class was going to be about using stencils. I love what people are doing with stencils, but I don't really own any. I was curious to see what techniques we would be shown. As always this class is jampacked with all kinds of wonderful tips and tricks that make card-making even more fun - YAY!

On this card, I combined the sponging technique that Debbie Hughes demo'd with the colour combo that Laura Bassen used, and the "add-a-little-sparkle" tip from Jennifer McGuire! I actually made my stencil with my Silhouette. I had purchased this heart background a while ago. I cut it out from some old transparencies that I brought home from school - I have a SMARTboard in my classroom, so my transparencies have become obsolete in the classroom, but not in the craftroom! you can bet that I will be hitting up my co-workers for all their old transparencies too! Anyway, it cut perfectly. I lined it up and sponged from the center out. I used Mustard seed Distress ink first in the center and then went around it with Spiced Marmalade. Finally I went around the outer edges with Picked Raspberries. I love the colour created by blending the Spiced Marmalade and the Picked Raspberries. The little sentiment was stamped with a Hero Arts Alphabet and the little heart is from Paper Smooches "Many Thanks" - I inked it in both Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade to match the blend on the card. When all was inked, I dipped the whole thing in some SU! Irridescent Ice embossing powder to add a little sparkle. I am not sure that the sparkle shows up that well in the pic- but, it is sparklicious in real life. I am thrilled with the way this card turned out!

Thanks so  much for stopping by. I am going to head out for a walk shortly to take advantage of the "warm" weather - it is a mere -10 (celsius) up from yesterday's bone-chilling -37!

Happy Stamping,
Meg


5 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!