Search This Blog

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Little Tangles 29: One Layer Card

Hello Everyone,
Time to particiate in another Little Tangles Challenge! This week the challenge is to create a one layer card. I have to say that I find sticking to one layer a real challenge! I always end up adding a layer - even if it means mounting white on white! I used three different Neat and Tangled sets for this card: "On the Strip", "Lot to Say" and "Just Hello". I think these were some of the first sets I bought from N & T.

First I stamped the speech bubble and gave it a shadow with my Stormy Sky Distress Marker - I wanted it to have some dimension even though it is one layer. Then I stamped the sentiments in Hero Arts Neon Blue and Pink inks. I stamped the little phone and coloured it in with a clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush pen - you can't really see this effect in the photo, but it adds a subtle sparkly goodness in real life. I was going to leave the card at that, but there was too much white space on the left and it looked off balance. That is when "On the Strip" came to the rescue! I stamped down the left side with the blue neon ink. Finally I rounded the corners with my Corner Chomper. I am really pleased with the result.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

3 comments:

  1. what a fun card! thanks for playing along with the neat and tangled challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Wonderful colors! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea to stamp all the sentiment in the speach bubble. Thanks for playing along with us in the Little Tangels challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!