Search This Blog

Saturday, January 18, 2014

CASology: Dot

Hello Everyone,
After making my card for the CASology: Dot challenge, I am seeing spots dots! Goodness, when this card was percolating in my head, I thought, "That is going to be quick and easy." Wrong! Why is it that the simplest designs are the hardest to execute?

My cute little smiley face is from the Neat and Tangled stamp set "Kindness Matters". I created a mask to help me stamp the smileys evenly and then one to sponge around them to create the pink "dots". Three pices of cardstock later,,, I finally got it, only to smudge the sentiment - AARGH! The sentiment is from AveryElle "Handwritten Notes". I managed to cleanit up enough to photograph, but I am not sure that it is one I can send to someone :( Anyway, I created my pink smileys by stamping in Versamark, clear embossing and sponging with Hero Arts Neon Pink ink. I really like the bright clean graphic look of this card. I am finished crafting for the day, time to go for a nice brisk walk!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

6 comments:

  1. I agree that sometimes the most simplest looking of cards are the most difficult to execute. This is really very sweet and made me smile. Thank you very much for playing along at CASology, and I hope you play again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh FUN! I initially thought these were buttons, but I see the little smiles! And that made me smile! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worth all the effort because it is an AWESOME CAS card! So bright and happy! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg this is such a fantastic CAS card, I love the neon pink and I so hear you on hte smudged sentiment. I is so frustrating when that happens. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, Meg ... so worth all the effort ... love the vibrant pink and all that gorgeous white space! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable and perfectly CAS! Love all that gorgeous white space and the happy, bright-colored smileys make me smile!!! :)
    Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!