Search This Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2017

OCC Rainbow Maker Day Five

Hello Everyone,
For Day Five of OCC Rainbow Maker we are focusing on stenciling over rainbow blended backgrounds. So, for this card I created my ink-blended background with Candied Apple, Squeezed Lemonade, and Salty Ocean distress inks. By overlapping the primary colours, I created the secondary orange and green, without having to add an orange or a green ink. Then I used some Heidi Swapp metallic white texture paste using my MFT Brick Stencil. The neat thing about this texture paste is that it is slightly translucent and iridescent, so it picks up the background colour. To finish it off, I die cut a Lawn Fawn sentiment from home-made toner paper and foiled it with Gina K mango foil. Here is a better picture which shows off the foil and the paste more.
The colour of the foil really picks up on the yellow-orange in back ground. I popped the sentiment onto a Paper Smooches vellum die cut. I love the way this card turned out. Here is another close-up of the quality of the foil and texture paste.
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Happy Stamping,
Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!