Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Stretch Your Dies Day Three and Paper Smooches Sparks: Anything Goes

Hello Everyone,
Today at Stretch Your Dies online card class the teachers were showing us how to use our basic shapes dies in new ways. Two of the demonstrations were about window cards and while I did try one - it just did not work out. I decided to do a variation of the third demo which was to use your dies to create a masked frame. Since it is "Anything Goes" week over at Paper Smooches Sparks, I decided to use my PS stamps. I used three different PS sets on this card: Bold Buzzwords, Sentiment Sampler and Reflections.
I cut a mask for my main panel using my large oval die (Spellbinders). Once the mask was in place, I stamped the sentiment and then filled in all around with a variety of stamps and leaves. Very simple, but I think altogether effective. I actually used my distress inks to do the stamping: Ripe Persimmon, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, and Mustard Seed. These inks are not really designed to be used for stamping, so I did have to double stamp. 

Thanks for stopping by and as always, I love to hear your feedback.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the colours you've used to stamp your flowers. This card really stands out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is utter perfection!! Those uber fun blossoms and bright colors, along with the masked oval, combine to make such a sweet and happy project! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You need to add this to the Paper Smooches April Designer search link-up. I think tonight is the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very pretty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this technique on a video tutorial and fell in love! Your card looks awesome!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeously done... I love it!!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!