Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year, Ombre Coloured Embossing Paste and Light!



Hello Everyone,
I trust your holiday season has been full of joy and hopefully some rest too. I must say that compared to last year's deep freeze, this year's weather has been much milder, however it has meant the first green Christmas I can remember in a long time. Today I am happy to play along with  CAS-ology where the cue card is light. I did want to link up to Make It Monday over at Nicole Heady's blog, but I don't have any PTI schtuff on my card.


Over at Make It Monday, it is an a la carte challenge - you can choose from any of the Make it Monday tutorials. I decided to use one that Laura Bassen did on creating backgrounds with embossing paste. I decided to combine this with the CASology cue card this week. I created my embossing paste background a little differently than the way Laura did it. I mixed some translucent paste with transparent microfine glitter from Glitter Ritz and then spread it on the cardstock using a stencil from Simon Says Stamp. Once it was dry, I placed the stencil back over it to create a mask and then I sponged the paste with Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, and Mustard Seed. How does this tie into the cue word light? Well the result is like some of the spectacular colours of morning light first thing in the a.m. I love the way inking the embossing paste really brings out the glitter. I die cut the Hello from several pieces of white cardstock and then used my Xyron to add stick to the front, so that I could cover it with white glitter. Once covered, I inked it up with the same colours of Distress inks. It needed more depth for the Sentiment to pop, so I die cut it out of black cs and offset it. Then I added the black shadow panel before mounting it on the cardstock. After all that beutiful morning light does create shadows! Here is a closer look at the glitteriness of the background.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to hear your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment. Have a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Meg you couldn't have picked better colours. I love this combination, I have the hello die and the stencil but I dont have the glitter. Will have to look into that as this is a beautiful card to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing card - I love the pretty colours and the sparkle! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Meg! I love the dimension and the effect of the glitter mixed with the embossing paste. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous and fun card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!