Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Clean and Simple Cards Day Two

Hello Everyone,
Today I am trying a new technique using my inktense pencils. This technique is from Online Card Classes - Clean and Simple Cards 2. Our "homework" is to make a one layer card. I have such a hard time with this be cause I LOVE using mats. Anyway... Jennifer McGuire demo'd this really cool technique that she called "Faux Artist". Here are the steps I followed to make this card. I stamped the PTI Think Big Favourites "Congrats" sentiment in soft granite. Then I used my Inktense pencils and coloured over the sentiment in rainbow colours. Next I used a water pen to blend the colours. Finally, I used a thicker nibbed pen and dragged it up and down over the sentiment to create that washed background. I found the sentiment too washed out looking so I traced back over with the inktense pencils. Then I added some glitter stars sut with a new Memory Box die. I still feel like I would like to mat it and mount it on another card base, but I am going stay outside my comfort zone and leave it as it is. Let me know what you think!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT! The fun sketchy vibe, the huge sentiment, the rainbow colours...I do love me a rainbow :) So hard to play outside your own comfort zone, but the more you play the easier it gets!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!