Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pals Paper Arts 53: Ode to Purple



I have always loved the colour purple, so when I saw that the PPA 53 was a purple colour challenge, I was excited. All kinds if ideas ran through my head, so I may have to make more than one entry. In the end I decided to case a card I made before. I cased the original from Jo-Anne Pullen's work. I did the original in Baja Breeze and Very Vanilla, but a change to Concord Crush and Whisper White makes a striking difference - I think I prefer the stranger colours, as they suit my colour palette more. The embossed background was done with a home-made texture plate. I first saw this idea on Splitcoast and was referred to Dawn Olchefsky's blog for the tutorial. TFL.
Meg
Stamps: Because I Care
Ink: Concord Crush Stampin' Write Marker
Paper: Concord Crush, Whisper White
Accessories: homemade lattice texture plate

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the home-made texture plate! The Whisper White and Concord Crush are striking together! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the small image pieces - very clever how you made your own texture! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!