Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My First Post!


Hi Everyone,

Welcome to my blog; it seems hard to believe that anyone will actually read this, but that certainly won't stop me. I will be posting my paper creations here and hope that you enjoy them. Please feel free to comment, as I love the feedback!
This is a card that I made yesterday for the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenges; this is my first entry into this challenge, and at first I was a little trepidatious! This is a popular challenge - there are so many entries that are totally amazing. At any rate, I bit the bullet, printed off the sketch design, and sat down to create.
I decided to keep the colour scheme simple as the sketch design is more elaborate than one I would create on my own. I love Tempting Turquoise and wanted to pair that with red - I decided to stay away from my go-to reds and chose the poppy parade - a red I am not loving just yet. I wanted to use my Playful Pieces stamp set and thought the Dragonfly pieces should work. It looks simple, but that little bug took me eight tries! The flowers were created with my Boho Blossoms punch; I used my large and small circle nesties for the circles. My square lattice embossing folder helped me add a bit of texture.
Overall I am pleased with the card - I hope you like it too! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!