Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Muse, Paper Smooches Sparks and Virginia's View: Love


Hello Everyone,
Happy Saturday - I am happy to have had a chance to get into my craftroom today! I am going to be playing along with a few different challenges: Muse, Virginia's View, and Paper Smooches Sparks. At Virginia's View one aspect of the "clean slate" challenge is to use lots of white space. Over at PS Sparks it is an "anything goes" challenge and over at Muse, Vicki Dutcher's inspiration card is a playful shaker card. I saw this tutorial on Jennifer McGuire's blog and knew that it wold be perfect for the Muse challenge!
To create this card, I die cut the heart out of the main panel and then created a shaker pocket from transparencies and filled it with sequins as is shown in Jennifer's tutorial. I die-cut the fabulous Paper Smooches "Love" sentiment 3 times from white card stock and then once from carstock that I covered with Glitter Ritz Transparent glitter. I adhered the shaker pocket behind the panel and stamped the "you" beside the heart (this is from the Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler "You Rock"). I layered all the Love dies together with the sparkler on top and adhered it to the edge of the heart. I added a  few sequins to the outside of the shaker to add a little interest and topped things off with a little red heart. I love the way this turned out. Here is a closer look at the glittery love sentiment.

. I love the look of white on white with a pop of colour! CAS at its best. 

Thanks for stopping by - as always I love to hear your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

6 comments:

  1. I love all the fun colours of your sequins - it really makes this look wonderfully happy! The sparkly love is great, too! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So clean and the sideways, glittered Love looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining me at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN shaker card - thanks for linking up Jennifer's video - gotta watch that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shaker card! love the use of white with the bright sequins! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Clean Slate” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun shaker design! I love the bright, colorful sequins against all of the white. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!