Search This Blog

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Paper Smooches Sparks: Anything Goes


Hello Everyone,
I can't tell you how great it is to be back in my craftroom again (we had a basement flood at the end of the summer and the renos were recently completed)! The best part of being out of my room was setting it back up, as I was able to reconfigure it to better suit my crafting needs. Today I have created a simple little Christmas card for the latest Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. I love the Anything Goes challenges, but this time i was almost stumped because I wanted to make a Christmas card, but I don't have any PS Christmas sets. So even though this is a simple little card, it actually quite a while to make as its composition is thanks to the combining of Four PS sets... none of which are Christmas sets! Talk about stretching my stamps!
The "holly" branch is from Botanicals 2, the "berries" are the little open dot from the Reflections set filled in with a little red Wink of Stella, and the sentiment was created using the Mini Monograms set. Finally, I felt the sentiment just needed a little something extra, so I added the tiny heart from the Sweet Hearts set! It is hard to see the twinkliness of the Wink of Stella (I also added some clear to the leaves on the holly sprig), but in real life it adds just the right amount of shimmer. 

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear your feedback!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

4 comments:

  1. I love this! You did an outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to your craftroom! Beautiful card! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card to break-in your new crafty space. I love the botanicals and the berries and the custom sentiment is perfect! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your creativity with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty! love the variation of fonts in the sentiment! such a fun idea! thanks so much for joining us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!