Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch 40

HI Everyone,
My local stamping store Heather's Stamping Haven just started carrying the new dies from Penny Black - of course I needed to get a couple. I got this Daisy die and am loving it. I saw this week's CAS(e) this Sketch and new I had a winning combination. So I looked up this tutorial from Julie Ebersole and decided it was time to try it out.

I didn't have the inchies that Julie used, so I doubled up two pieces of Neenah Solar white cardstock and covered it with Eclipse masking paper. Then I ran it through the Vagabond with the die to make a deep impression, but not to cut it all the way through. I peeled off the masking paper around the flower and sponged with Mustard Seed Distress ink; next, I sponged with Spiced Marmalade. Finally I peeled the masking paper from the flower. I covered the whole panel with Versamark Ink and clear embossed the whole panel. I repeated this process 4 times to create an enameled effect. I love the way it turned out - it is glossy goodness. The photo doesn't quite show off the gloss to its full effect.

Thanks for looking.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow--this is just amazing! Will have to check out that tutorial. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! A definite "must try" technique. Thanks for joining CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!